Parents as Teachers
- Increase parent knowledge of early childhood development and improve parenting practices.
- Provide early detection of developmental delays and health issues.
- Prevent child abuse and neglect.
- Increase children’s school readiness and school success.
* Group Events are open to anyone in Wayne County, these gatherings provide opportunities for social interaction for child and adult.
Free Personalized Home Visits
Last about an hour.
Scheduled monthly until the child is three, then bi-monthly.
Include child development and parenting information and developmentally appropriate activities (many of which are homemade!)
Events such as Kindergarten Readiness and holiday events are scheduled throughout the year as funding opportunities are made available.
Developmental and Health Screenings
Completed during the home visit.
Annual (Ages & Stages screening until 3 years old, then DIAL-3 screening).
Appropriate referrals provided, such as to First Steps or to a medical care provider.
Community Resource Networking
This simply means we assist families in connecting with many other programs and agencies to create a support network around the family and child. Call us any time!